"LICENSEE" means any person who would like to use, copy, or modify the CellNetAnalyzer package or parts of it."Standard Version" refers to the CellNetAnalyzer package (including its source code) if it has not been modified.
"Modified Parts" means parts of the CellNetAnalyzer package (including source codes) that have been changed by the LICENSEE.
"Modified Version" refers to the CellNetAnalyzer package if it contains Modified parts.
"Distribute" means providing a copy of the Standard or Modified version of CellNetAnalyzer or of Modified parts to anyone else.
CellNetAnalyzer homepage: http://www.mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de/projects/cna/cna.html
Permission for Academic/Non-commercial Use and Modification Without Distribution
(1) The LICENSEE is permitted to use the Standard Version of CellNetAnalyzer and create and use Modified Versions of it for any academic and non-commercial purpose without restriction, provided that the LICENSEE does not Distribute the Standard or Modified Version of CellNetAnalyzer to anyone else.
Commercial/Non-academic Use and Modification Without Distribution
(2) Non-academic/commerical use of the Standard Version of CellNetAnalyzer and creation and use of Modified Versions by the LICENSEE is permitted provided that he/she acquires a commercial license of CellNetAnalyzer and that he/she does not Distribute the Standard or Modified Version. For commercial use please contact: email@example.com
Distribution of Modified Parts of the CellNetAnalyzer package
(3) In extension to (1) and (2), the LICENSEE may distribute Modified (but not Unmodified) Parts of CellNetAnalyzer under any license and as source or in compiled form with or without fee, provided
- (a) that there remains an explicit dependency of the Modified Parts on the Standard Version of CellNetAnalyzer and
- (b) that the LICENSEE explicitly hints users of the Modified Parts that use of the Modified Parts requires download and installation of the Standard Version of CellNetAnalyzer.
- (c) that the CellNetAnalyzer Copyright notice is contained in the Modified Parts.
(4) In extension to (3) the LICENSEE may inform the Copyright Holder of CellNetAnalyzer about the developed Modified Parts, so that the Copyright Holder may include the modifications in the Standard Version (the LICENSEE would then be mentioned in the CONTRIBUTORS list) or promote it as add-on packages on the CellNetAnalyzer homepage. For those cases please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Distribution of unmodified parts or of the Modified or Standard Version of CellNetAnalyzer
(5) Distribution of unmodified parts or of the Modified or Standard Version of CellNetAnalyzer by the LICENSEE is not permitted.
Exceptions of Distribution rules
(6) Exceptions for the Distribution rules (3) and (5) can be requested via email@example.com
Publishing results obtained with CellNetAnalyzer
(7) When publishing results gained by using CellNetAnalyzer, the LICENSEE agrees to cite CellNetAnalyzer with appropriate references (given on CellNetAnalyzer's web site).
(8) We remind the LICENSEE that use of CellNetAnalyzer requires the commercial software MATLAB. In order to get a fully functional version of CellNetAnalyzer, the LICENSEE has to acquire an appropriate MATLAB license by himself.
(9) The CellNetAnalyzer distribution contains third party software which are not licensed under the CellNetAnalyzer License (all contained in directory CellNetAnalyzer/code/ext). The license files for these packages are given in the respective subdirectories (see also README_EXTERNAL_PACKAGES.txt in the CellNetAnalyzer/code/ext directory).
(10) Disclaimer of Warranty: THE PACKAGE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY YOUR LOCAL LAW. UNLESS REQUIRED BY LAW, NO COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTOR WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE PACKAGE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE."